Telephone Etiquette Skills
Good telephone skills and etiquette go beyond just sounding good and using the right words. After all, both ‘what you say’ and ‘how you say it’ build the professional image of an organization. This service-oriented workshop encompasses good listening techniques, asking appropriate questions and developing basic telephone etiquette skills. This workshop will benefit anyone keen on projecting a professional image at the workplace. Interactive methodologies such as role-plays and case studies will be employed to provide participants with opportunities for skills practice.
This Telephone Effectiveness and Etiquette Skills course is accredited, and material covers unit standards: 14348 Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls or 7790 Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls)
By the end of this training course, the participants will have:
- Appreciate how telephone etiquette contributes to a positive image for the company.
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of your voice.
- Have a standard format for consistency and professionalism over the phone.
- Derive guidelines for handling phone conversations where the other party is angry, passive, talkative or demanding.
This training Programme runs for 1 days
Module 1: Elements of Telephone Etiquette
- Understanding the formula for customer service
- Projecting a Professional Image
- A standard format for consistency and professionalism
- An outcome-first attitude
- Barriers to phone communication
- Powerful telephone techniques and strategies
- Techniques for negotiating objections and resistance
- Active listening & pinpointing
- Closing the tele-conversation effectively
Module 2: Effective Communication
- The strengths and weaknesses of your voice
- Approaches to communicating – active and passive voice; direct and indirect
- Understanding and using tone effectively
Module 3: Dealing with Different Caller Types
- Phrases to use to handle difficult callers
- Communicating to suit different caller profiles using caller analysis
Available on request.
Our Telephone Etiquette Skills is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- This Telephone Effectiveness and Etiquette Skills course is accredited, and material covers unit standards: 14348 Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls or 7790 Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls)
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training