Good business writing is essential in today’s dynamic business environment. However, many corporate professionals are not aware that business writing style has evolved over time and still adopting the older form of business writing. This will not only affect the individual’s professional image but the corporation which they are representing as well.
In this workshop, you will learn the techniques, format and delivery in writing better emails and letters. You will also learn to balance your own and your reader’s needs, organise your thoughts clearly and express yourself in a modern business style.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Adhere to basic rules of email etiquette.
- Learn how to organize your thoughts when writing a letter or email.
- Define best practice to plan and structure writing.
- Review communication style to adopt the appropriate focus and tone.
- Explore techniques in keeping your messages short and simple.
- Describe the benefits of plain English.
- Learn how to grab your reader’s attention with a strong opening line.
- Apply the fundamental pillars of business writing for achieving the required results.
- Practice the skills of writing clear, concise, well-structured professional email.
- The purpose of communication.
- The reasons for good writing.
- Choosing an appropriate communication channel.
- Overcoming barriers to communication.
- Identifying common grammatical errors.
- Using an appropriate tone.
- Using clear, specific, objective and positive language.
- The importance of good sentence and paragraph construction.
- Punctuating appropriately.
- Email etiquette guidelines.
- Writing concise emails: Key questions to answer before writing.
- Define your objective before writing.
- The four stages of business writing: Planning, drafting, revising and proofreading.
- Organizing content to match your target audience.
- Structuring your draft: What must you include?
- Active and Passive voice in written communication.
- Practicing writing effective emails with work related scenarios.
- Communicating effectively in a crisis situation: Staying objective and conveying the facts
- Eliminate unnecessary words and phrases.
- Sentence length and formatting.
- Personal action plan.
This training Programme runs for 1 Day
Available on request.
Our Email Etiquette is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
All levels of staff, Managers, Executives and non-executives.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training