Dates: Available on Request
Locations: Johannesburg, South Africa
Platform: Available In-Class / Online
Accredited Course with Unit standards: 110023, NQF Level 4, 6 Credits
The seminar will cover in depth, the environmental legislative framework and regulatory requirements for mineral rights, their compliance requirements for licenses to operate for the duration of the respective rights, closure together with the “cradle to grave” principle.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Assess the adequacy and quality of all documents culminating in review of the EIA report.
The attendee should be able to perform an internal audit of the processes of their company with respect to legal compliance and to manage the liabilities of their company with respect to environmental legislature.
Attendees of this training will be able to interact with the authorities during and after environmental inspections.
Scientists in the Environmental Field
Our diverse instructional approaches ensure effective learning:
– Lectures & Presentations: Engage with expert-driven, stimulating content.
– Course Material: Access well-crafted supporting resources.
– Group Work: Collaborate on discussions and case studies for practical insights.
– Workshops & Role-Play: Participate in immersive, scenario-based activities.
– Practical Application: Focus on applying theoretical knowledge in real situations.
– Post-Training Support: Receive extensive support after training for skill implementation.
1.Environmental Management principles including that of Sustainable Development in the context of mining.
Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 28 of 2002
National Environmental Management Act, 100 of 1998
Air Emissions Act
Waste Management Act 59 of 22008
Water Act, 36 of 1998
5.Environmental Compliance in prospecting operations
Prospecting Work Programmes
Environmental Management Plans
6.Environmental Compliance in mining operations
Scoping and Environmental Impact Assessment
Environmental Management Programme
Water Use License
Air emissions license
Mine Closure and Closure Certiﬁcates
Transfer of mining rights and environmental obligations