Risk Appetite & Strategy
JHB. Dates: 23 - 24 November 2022
Risk appetite is a core element of every Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) approach, system, framework. It is also an essential requirement for many corporate governance codes. Risk appetite can be complex but, must be measurable.
This masterclass will cover practical ideas to identify, validate, develop, and document risk appetites for different strategic, operational, and financial business decisions. The Prospen Africa team will provide you with excellence and memorable workshop.
By attending this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Develop effective and efficient risk appetite to support the strategy and the objectives
- Implement, evaluate, maintain, and improve the current risk appetite and risk management system, and enhance good governance for the organisation
- Implement ERM and good governance principles throughout the organisation
MODULE 1 – The history of risk appetite
- Consistent risk appetite vocabulary (risk appetite, risk tolerance and risk limits)
- The regulatory framework behind risk appetite (ISO 31000, COSO guidance, OCEG, IRM)
MODULE 2 – Understanding the nature of how business really makes decisions
- The relationship between management and shareholders when making decisions
- Decision quality, conflict of interest, fraud, and cognitive biases
MODULE 3 – The alternative approach to think about risk appetite
- Risk appetite as a shareholder tool
- Risk appetite as a management tool
- Risk appetite as a regulator tool
MODULE 4 – Identifying existing appetite for risks
- Reviewing existing policies and procedures
- Identifying types of business decisions made by the management and authority levels
MODULE 5 – Validating existing appetite for risks
- Validating existing risk appetites against regulatory requirements
- Validating existing risk appetites against risk profile
- Validating existing risk appetites against stakeholder expectations
MODULE 6 – Quantifying and document appetite for risk
- “Zero tolerance” risks
- Setting qualitative risk limits
- Setting quantitative risk limits
MODULE 7 – Reviewing and updating risk appetite
- Integrating into existing policies and procedures
- Auditing risk management effectiveness, building the relationship with internal and external audit and the regulators
This programme runs for 2 days
Available on request.
Our Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Directors of the Board and Board Committees
- Senior Management
- Risk Managers and Chief Risk Officers
- Internal and External Auditors
- Audit Committee Members
- Compliance Managers and Compliance team
- COO and Operations Executives
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training