Tender Advisory Seminar
Key Principles of Tendering: A Simplistic Approach to Submit Winning Tenders.
The seminar focuses on how tenders are issued by government departments, how suppliers should compile and submit their bids. It is also focuses on how tenders are evaluated and awarded to the successful bidder. Prospen Africa will ensure you leave the seminar all satisfied.
This is a non-Accredited course.
Delegates will learn how to effectively complete “Responsive and Acceptable Bid- Documents”. Classroom exercises will show delegates how tenders are scored, giving them an insight on what takes place during the evaluation and adjudication stages of the tendering process.
Suppliers will also be advised on how to claim incentive points under the Preferential Point Systems applicable to all tenders. The SA tendering rules will soon change, and contracts will be awarded based on the BBBEE (Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment) Status and the workshop will show suppliers how to effectively plan for these changes and not to lose out on available points during the scoring process of tenders.
- Understanding the Basic Regulations and Legislation governing Procurement
- Constitution of the Republic of South Africa
- The Public Finance Management Act, Act 1 of 1999, (As amended by Act 29 of 1999)
- The Municipal Systems Act No 32 of 2000
- The Municipal Finance Management Bill
- Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, No. 5 of 2000 (PPPFA) and regulations giving effect to the stipulations of Section 217 (3) of the Constitution.
- Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000: Preferential Procurement Regulations 2017
- The Broad-Based Economic Empowerment Act, 2003
- National Treasury’s Supply Chain Regulations
- General Procurement Guidelines (the Five Pillars of Procurement)
- The National Small Business Act No 102 of 1996
- Understanding the roles of government-buying departments in the Tendering Process
- How to Apply Ethics and Standards of Conduct in relation to Buyers.
Tender & Bid Implementation
- Public Sector Standard Bidding Documents (SBDs) and how to complete them correctly.
- How to prepare responsive Bid/Tender Proposals
- Joint Ventures, Consortiums, and sub-contracting and how to utilize them.
- Tax Clearance Certificates and other compliances as attachments to the bid-document.
- Identifying the exact demand for goods and services The Do’s and Don’ts of Tendering
- Understanding the general and special conditions of the tender
- Define the scope of the technical specifications
- Ascertain the presence of pre-qualifications Preparing for briefings and site-visits
- Schedule the process/phases as outlined in the tender document What are the terms and conditions of the contract?
- BBBEE Procurement Regulations for all suppliers doing business with government or are planning to submit tenders in the near future.
- Assess the levels of targeted procurement levels within the tender
Preferential Procurement Adjudication: Points’ Systems
- 80/20 Preference Point System
- 90/10 Preference Point System
- How to work out the best and competitive tender price in the bidding environment
- Dealing with the Standard Bidding Document 3 (SBD 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3)
This training will run for 1 day only
Available on request.
Our Tender Advisory Seminar is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Employees who co-ordinate or complete tender documents
- Individuals, emerging businesses, or small companies who want to break into the tendering market
- Those who want to know more about legislation relating to government tendering
- People who have difficulty in completing tender documents correctly and would like to ensure a responsive bid
- Those who need to understand the 90/10 and 80/20 points system
- People having difficulty in costing and pricing
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training